Senior Product Designer, Merchant Risk Experience
- New York, NY, USA
As a senior-level designer for the Merchant Risk Experience, you will lead design efforts to help merchants who are at risk for financial loss, one of the most challenging aspects of running a business. For example, merchants may be victims of fraud or facing payment disputes, and in many cases, they're encountering this type risk for the first time. You will build clear and supportive experiences to guide a business through these challenges, while ensuring they understand the process and are protected from losing money wherever possible. You will help guide the merchant experience across all risk touch points.
Design has been central to our product development process from the very beginning: we employ design thinking to build easy-to-use tools that help our merchants better run their businesses. In this role you will lead research, direct and contribute to visual and interaction design, and collaborate with team leads across Square.
- Shape the vision for a set of products and experiences that guide customers through some of the most challenging aspects of running a business.
- Work with Engineering, Product, Copy, Analytics, and Marketing to establish goals, interactions and functionalities of the merchant risk experience.
- Conduct user research for the needs of the product by meeting with merchants and gaining first-hand experience.
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio.
- Proven experience turning complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences
- Expertise in developing information architecture, interaction models, customer flows, schematics, and visual design for products and services
- Leadership in an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback and constructive criticism
- Experience working with product and engineering to prototype
- Natural curiosity and a desire to oversee all aspects of a product on a focused and growing team
- Experience conducting customer research ranging from insight protocols to usability tests
- Background developing interaction prototypes
- Knowledge of motion design and related software