Technical Program Manager - Point of Sale
- San Francisco, CA
We are building Square’s Mobile Platform with a mission to power all of Square’s Mobile Applications and bring efficiency to developing, building and launching Mobile Apps. In this role, you will own key mobile platform initiatives for Square’s Android and iOS apps. You will drive key projects for the Mobile Platform Team across multiple products and organizations. Projects will span across a wide array of crucial initiatives from Mobile Design Systems, Mobile Frameworks, to Mobile Quality and App Health. The team is seeking a person with a strong technical background, preferably someone who has experience building mobile products. We value excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within diverse and cross-functional teams for this role.
• Partner closely with engineering leads and cross-functional disciplines to drive technical projects such as creating consistent Design Systems across all mobile apps at Square.
• Own OKRs and drive projects towards company-wide goals for Mobile Initiatives for Square’s mobile apps.
• Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases across multiple product and platform teams.
• Provide day-to-day execution guidance and support for engineering projects, coordinating efforts across organizations and verticals, and helping unblock all teams across Square.
• Communicate project status to stakeholders and various key teams around the organization.
• Help Evangelize the Mobile Platform Initiatives at Square.
BA or BS Management Information Systems, Computer Science, various Engineering fields, and/or equivalent technical field experience
Technical knowledge and/or experience in Android & IOS Development
Programming Experience for writing shipping code and/or work experience in managing engineering teams is a huge plus
Experience with Engineering tools like JIRA/Confluence etc.
At least three years of project/program management experience.
Experience communicating and translating non-technical to technical (and vice versa) requirements and discussions.
Experience working across multiple teams and collaborating on solutions.
Organizational, coordination, and multitasking experience.
Experience with large-scale systems.