Software Engineer, Square Capital
- San Francisco, CA
Square’s rapidly growing financing platform, Square Capital, has revolutionized the way businesses and consumers obtain the funding needed to achieve their goals.
Unlike traditional business financing products, Square Capital offers are extended to pre-qualified sellers with no application process, funds are deposited as soon as the next business day, and repayment happens as a fixed percentage of daily card sales. Since the product launched in 2014, Square Capital has extended more than $4.5 billion to over a hundred thousand sellers.
With Square Installments, we’re empowering sellers to offer monthly installment plans, so that their customers can access goods and services they value, but can not or do not want to pay in full up front. This makes goods and services more affordable for buyers, and helps small businesses grow with a tool that has been historically reserved for large companies. Our team strives to provide simple, elegant, and reliable financing experiences for small business owners and their customers.
As a software engineer on Square Capital, you will be responsible for designing, building, and owning the services and infrastructure that power our products. You will build beautiful web applications, modern mobile apps, sophisticated financial systems, and highly available services that form complex distributed systems. If you love delivering beautiful software that improves the lives of millions of consumers and business owners, we want to work with you!
- Work closely with engineering, product, and design partners to build web and mobile experiences that are clean, pragmatic, and forward-thinking
- Define and develop modern APIs that integrate web and mobile app clients with server backends
- Build well-designed, reusable systems to model financial systems and transactions
- Build systems that collect and maintain customers’ sensitive data, while holding Square to the highest standards for security and compliance
- Design fault tolerant systems so the team can be brave and move fast, without ever negatively impacting our customers
- 2+ years of software engineering experience.
- Interest in working full-stack, from developing frontend web applications to implementing business logic and optimizing database transactions.
- Passion for building products that are beautiful outside and inside – from their user experience to their robust and elegant design.
- Strong software development skills and computer science fundamentals.