Senior Software Engineer (Frontend), Web Point of Sale
- San Francisco, CA
While Square is best known for the Point of Sale applications that run natively on iOS, Android and Square-branded hardware devices, Square’s mission is that “everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy.” This includes merchants for whom it does not make sense to purchase a dedicated device to accept payments. Enter the Virtual Terminal product, owned by the Web Point of Sale team, which allows merchants to take payments through a web interface on the computers they already own and use to run their businesses.
To learn more about the Virtual Terminal product: https://squareup.com/us/en/payments/virtual-terminal
As a Senior Frontend Engineer on the team, you will...
- Add functionality to the Virtual Terminal product to serve and expand its user base in service of Square’s mission;
- Help optimize the web onboarding experience for Square users, ensuring that new users are introduced to the most relevant products for their needs;
- Work closely with product managers, designers and fellow engineers to ensure that Square delivers a comprehensive and cohesive web-based product to end-users.
- Excellent software engineering aptitude and the ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally with designers, product managers, data scientists, marketing, and business development to deliver a great product.
- A strong sense of customer empathy and desire to influence the product direction.
- Experience working in large front-end codebases.
- Familiarity with popular JS-app frameworks (Ember.js, React, Vue.js, Angular, etc.).
- Experience in testing your code (QUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, Capybara, etc.).
- 5+ years professional experience.
Web technologies we use:
- Ember.js / QUnit