Design Technologist, Square Capital
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, and helping the ice cream shop pay its employees. And, with Square Capital, we have extended over $1 billion in funding to our sellers, helping them manage their cashflow and making it easy to invest in and grow their business. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. And make it easier for customers to shop and pay at their favorite businesses. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio.
We're looking for a Design Technologist for the team that creates our primary business financing products. As the first technologist on the team, you’ll report to the Head of Design and influence the customer experience across all of our product and marketing touch points, bringing technology to the creative process. The front-end interactions you bring to life will create remarkable experiences for our sellers.
- Build the public web pages that represent all of Capital's products. This will vary from simple landing pages through content-rich, dynamic, and engaging product pages.
- Take creative direction and expand on concept ideas for tactics, with solid and active contribution in creative reviews
- Participate in brainstorms with colleagues across departments including Strategy, Design, Digital Production and Copy
- Develop and maintain scalable email systems that allow for regular A/B testing
- Manage the Capital Design UI system components and add to it over time
- Create animations by partnering closely with designers to bring illustrations to life as well as building creative state transitions and delightful in-product moments
- Prototype both product and marketing ideas with designers and quickly demonstrating what an idea looks and feels like in real life
- Motion design for videos and social posts
- 5+ years experience working in creative or agency environments
- Diverse portfolio of work personally built and shipped, including responsive web examples, high-fidelity animation, motion, iconography, typography, color, and imagery
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Figma
- Experience working in fintech, payments, or a related space is a plus
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Perks At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes: Healthcare coverage, Retirement Plans, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Meal reimbursements, Wellness perks, Paid parental leave, Flexible time off, Learning and Development resources