Senior iOS Engineer, Cash App
- New York, NY, USA
- Position open to remote: No
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 15 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
Cash App is a mobile first bank with over 15 million active customers. To open an account, all you need to do is download Cash App and sign up. The Cash engineering team is responsible for the code that makes this work. We care about infrastructure that makes it easy to write software that is secure, efficient, and tested. We build incrementally with small changes and we release to the App Store every two weeks.
As a member of the Cash iOS engineering team, you'll collaborate with us to:
- Own end-to-end features of the app: networking, persistence, business logic, and UI
- Work within a Model-View-Presenter architecture
- Unit and Snapshot test your stuff
- Invent awesome iOS tech and open source it
- Work closely with Android and backend developers
- Strong desire to perform and grow as an engineer
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated technical initiative on previous projects
Technologies we use and teach:
- Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin (believe it! — we collaborate directly with our friends on Android)
- UIKit, CoreAnimation, SQLite, Accessibility
- Unit tests, snapshot tests, integration tests
- Protocol buffers
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.