Senior Digital Designer, Restaurants - Creative Studio
- New York, NY
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Square is looking for a Senior Digital Designer to join our Restaurants marketing team.
You will work in a small and tight-knit squad (kind of like a small end-to-end design shop) that collaborates with the Restaurants and Hardware product teams, including PMs, PMMs, Product Designers and Engineers. Our squad exists to tell the best possible stories of our products and ecosystem, so that our sellers can empower their businesses to excel and grow.
You cover the gamut with design for web, mobile, prototypes, print, experiential, and you understand code and the modern web.
You have a refined aesthetic and design sensibility and find varying styles an opportunity to extend and grow your skills. You’re all in for leading a direction to translate a strategy into great product and brand experiences, while also working with a direction for production.
- Craft graphic elements, mood boards, and visual treatments
- Contribute to a team of designers, producers, product strategists, copywriters and engineers
- Produce brand and campaign standards, templates and style guides
- Create video and motion graphics style frames, exhibition graphics, interface design, visualization, presentation design, information graphics, branding and print graphics
- Potentially co-direct photo shoots and design physical installations
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Expert in Photoshop, Illustrator and Figma / (Sketch)
- Animation/motion graphics knowledge in software such as After Effects or Cinema 4D
- Familiar with prototyping tools such as Framer, Flinto or Origami
- Experience with multiple styles of design and illustration
- Typographic skills
- Can lead IA / wireframe / design processes
- Knowledge of best practices in usability and UX
- Understand the opportunities and limitations of the modern web
- Desire to work in a start-up environment, where iteration and learning is encouraged
- Lead with kindness, clear communication and a point of view
- Passion for the restaurant experience (the meal, service, payments, etc.)
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Perks At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes: Healthcare coverage, Retirement Plans, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Meal reimbursements, Wellness perks, Paid parental leave, Flexible time off, Learning and Development resources