M&A Integrations Program Manager
- New York, NY
The Corporate Development team works across Square to bring outstanding companies, technology, and talent into the company through acquisitions. The team is responsible for sourcing, negotiating, structuring, and executing impactful acquisitions, and informing our strategy by identifying industry trends and maintaining relationships with startups, VCs and bankers.
You will be an essential member of a team situated at the nexus of product, engineering, and the broader strategic efforts at Square. You will be an essential member of the team responsible for developing and executing Square’s acquisition on-boarding and integration strategies.
We are open to this role being located in the following offices: New York, San Francisco, Oakland or Atlanta.
- Manage and take ownership of the integration efforts, while working with integration lead, deal team and a team of functional experts across the company
- Build and improve integration capabilities by developing process improvements, best practices and tools to increase the effectiveness of the team and improve the quality integration efforts.
- Participate in evaluations during due diligence for M&A to understand the strategic goals, help assess the candidate company, and provide an early voice on integration planning, risks, and challenges
- Develop and manage a comprehensive project plan which includes all process and functional team tasks to achieve the success metrics
- Monitor status and identify issues of an acquisition, communicate those issues to the appropriate teams, and work the issues to resolve before any acquisition value deteriorates
- Work with our product teams to build integration plans in a way to ensure Square captures value from our acquisitions
- Build and improve capabilities by developing process improvements, best practices and tools to increase the effectiveness of the team and improve the quality
- You will operate at all organization levels
- Experience working with diverse leadership and delivery through collaborative relationships
- Project management skills; able to track and manage complex processes from start to finish
- 5 or more years experience preferably at a technology company or startup
- 2+ years experience working in M&A Integrations
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Meal reimbursements
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Perks At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes: Healthcare coverage, Retirement Plans, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Meal reimbursements, Wellness perks, Paid parental leave, Flexible time off, Learning and Development resources.