Customer Success Associate
- Tokyo, Japan
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
We are looking for a highly motivated and resourceful individual to strengthen Squares Customer Success (Support) team. You will help build world class operations at Square - optimizing all support channels including email, chat, social media, and phone - all while strengthening team culture and promoting employee happiness.
You will serve as a cross functional liaison working with product, engineering, business development, marketing and finance to drive Squares most important strategic priorities. You will report directly to the Lead of Customer Success and track Key Performance Indicators weekly. You will work in our Tokyo office.
- Solve customer inquiries by email, phone, and Twitter using a CRM tool, and internal tools
- Handle inquiries and escalations from Support Representatives
- Be a role model / mentor / coach for other Support Representatives and help them grow their skills
- Analyze trends in customer issues and suggest improvement plans to establish engagement
- Improve customer satisfaction across channels to create promoters.
- Develop metrics to measure the growth and performance of the team, and provide reports as needed
- Use your deep knowledge of the product and industry to serve our customers
- Treat Support as a product at Square, building and iterating on the customer experience
- Develop end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery of important Support initiatives
- Gather and summarize relevant data, suggesting improvements in the tools and techniques to help scale the team
- Always iterate improvement PDCA cycle to enhance our service
- Japanese citizenship
- Business level English. Written and verbal communication skills (equivalent to TOEIC score 850 and above)
- A passion for Square and strong desire to help make it successful in Japan
- 3+ years of work experience in Customer Support for Japanese customers
- A BA/BS degree from a leading academic institution
- Genuine curiosity about people and business, while possessing the ability to inspire passion in others
- The ability to influence and communicate cross-functionally
- Creative problem-solving abilities, superb attention to detail, and the ability to adapt to new situations quickly and think on your feet
- A desire to help people and improve the customer experience
- Experience building and scaling customer support operations
- A level-headed leadership style and perform well under pressure
- The ability to work weekends as part of a rotating schedule, and work holidays as necessary
Cover letter required. Please indicate your career goals and how Support fits into your career road map.**
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Paid parental leave
Flexible time off
Learning and Development resources
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.