Senior Digital Designer, Square Point of Sale - Creative Studio
- New York, NY, USA
Square is looking for a Sr. Digital Designer to join our Square Point of Sale (SPOS) marketing team.
You will work in a small and tight-knit squad (kind of like a small end-to-end design shop) that collaborates with the Point of Sale, Invoices and Appointments product teams, including PMs, PMMs, Product Designers, strategists and Engineers. Our squad exists to tell the best possible stories of our products and ecosystem, so that our sellers can empower their businesses to excel and grow.
You cover the gamut with design for web, mobile, prototypes, print, experiential, and you understand code and the modern web.
You have a refined aesthetic and design sensibility and find varying styles an opportunity to extend and grow your skills. You’re comfortable with strategically based design processes and you articulate your design thinking clearly in order to lead your team in creating strong products and brand experiences. You are equally skilled and passionate about carrying the executed design through implementation, production and launch, working closely with our engineering and production teams.
- Craft graphic elements, mood boards, and visual treatments
- Contribute to a team of designers, producers, product strategists, copywriters and engineers
- Produce brand and campaign standards, templates and style guides
- Create video and motion graphics, style frames, exhibition graphics, interface design, visualization, presentation design, information graphics, branding and print graphics
- Potentially co-direct photo shoots and design physical installations
- Basic still photography color grading and retouching
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Expert in Photoshop, Illustrator and Figma / (Sketch)
- Animation/motion graphics knowledge in software such as After Effects or Cinema 4D
- Fluent in a prototyping tool such as Framer, Flinto or Origami
- Experience with multiple styles of design and illustration
- Typographic skills
- Can lead IA / wireframe / design processes
- Knowledge of best practices in usability and UX
- Understand the opportunities and limitations of the modern web
- Desire to work in a start-up environment, where iteration and learning is encouraged
- Lead with kindness, clear communication and a point of view
- Passion for business and consumer facing software and hardware interfaces and experiences.