- Oakland, CA, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
People are the lifeblood of any company and as a Technical Recruiter at Square, you’ll be charged with identifying uniquely talented, amazing individuals to drive us forward. You will design and execute strategies to engage the worlds best through a number of channels (social and professional networks, start-up and entrepreneurial communities, etc.) and any other creative methods you can conceive. Throughout the entire process, you will provide an unparalleled experience, while serving as an advisor to candidates and internal partners alike.
We are looking for a highly-motivated recruiter to join our team!
- Build relationships and collaborate with senior management and hiring managers to understand hiring needs, team goals, and define talent acquisition strategies
- Manage the full cycle recruitment process (market map through close), ensuring a smooth and positive candidate experience
- Partner with the broader recruiting team to continuously improve our processes and ability to hire talented people to Square
- Source active and passive candidates from a variety of channels and communities: online and internal databases, employee referrals, events, networking, research, etc.
- At least two years of full-cycle recruiting experience, specifically in a high-growth, high-performance environment, working on technical roles in a competitive market
- Exceptionally strong communication skills - on the phone, via email/Slack, in-person, etc. - and you will need to be effective with stakeholders of all levels across the organization
- A bias-to-action, high level of attention to detail, and an infectious sense of urgency
- Experience building and / or scaling recruiting processes and infrastructure
- The proven ability to navigate ambiguity and solve complex problems
- The desire and appreciation for feedback, as part of the effort to improve as a recruiter and strategic business partner
- A positive, high-transparency, and team-oriented approach to your work
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.