Integration Sales Engineer (Full-Stack)

  • San Francisco, CA
  • Full-time

Company Description

When we launched the little white reader, we invented mobile, ubiquitous payments and enabled anyone to start, run, and grow a business. Ten years and billions of transactions later we’re reimagining commerce for businesses of all types and sizes—we’re enabling the independent electrician to send invoices, helping the beauty salon pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.

Job Description

Commerce is changing, and as part of that Square is transforming from a product company to a platform company. If you join now, you will help Square build out a new dedicated Integrations Engineering team (IntEng) developing a platform called Square Bridge, which enables sellers to integrate their third-party systems (e.g. SAP, NetSuite, Salesforce) in a scalable way. 

Square is in the epicenter of the massive wave of omnichannel retail combining in-store and online / in-app payments, and as Square sellers grow they need more complex third-party systems to manage their businesses. You’ll help expand that ecosystem of partners by building out Square Bridge, which includes a seller-facing dashboard for configuration and monitoring of their integrations, as well as server side code. 

Although this team is part of the Sales organization, it is a technical position and you will spend about 80% of your time coding. There is also an opportunity to be entreprenurial with the remaining 20%: all IntEng team members will help with product work (design, seller interviews, prioritization), and internal evangalism (helping explain Square Bridge to the Sales team).

As a Full-Stack Engineer on the IntEng team, you will:

You will:

  • Design, build and maintain an integration platform for premier merchants and partners using Square

  • Write testable, well-documented and maintainable frontend and backend code

  • Work cross-functionally with product, design, and other teams across Square, as well as with leaders in the Sales organization

  • Be an entrepreneur within Square - this is a brand new platform product

  • Work with an amazing group of engineers while leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar

  • Be the go-to expert for Sales on what is technically possible with Square Bridge

Qualifications

You have:

  • B.S. in Computer Science or related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience

  • 2+ years of experience in developing production software

  • Interest in working full-stack, from optimizing database transactions to building distributed systems and frontend web applications

  • Experience leveraging popular front-end, back-end and database technologies (e.g. Angular, Java, MySQL)

  • A strong sense of customer empathy and desire to influence the product direction

  • A deep desire to be challenged and continuously improve within a culture of strong engineering practices

Even better:

  • Track record of pursuing self-directed entrepreneurial, research, or open source projects

  • Experience with Google Cloud and App Engine

  • Experience with Angular or React

  • Experience with ERPs or other enterprise software

  • Working knowledge of basic accounting principles

Additional Information

At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Perks At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes: Healthcare coverage, Retirement Plans, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Meal reimbursements, Wellness perks, Paid parental leave, Flexible time off, Learning and Development resources