Product Designer, Marketing Automation Platforms
- Milwaukee, WI, USA
- Alternate Location: Toronto, Canada
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
As a Product Designer at Square, you will help drive design execution for our Marketing Automation Platforms. The team’s mission is to create tools for internal teams at Square to effectively market their products throughout the various applications and web surfaces within the Square ecosystem. This team works with every product to best serve their marketing needs, and ultimately help their sellers learn new and better ways to take full advantage of the products they currently use, and products they didn’t know could be serving them.
- 5+ years of professional design experience
- A portfolio of work on which you were the primary designer, with moderate guidance from design leadership
- The ability to articulate high-level team goals and connect your work to larger team or company initiatives
- You actively plan, scope, and create work that contributes to a larger, long-term plan
- You can effectively communicate your ideas and work to your direct team and other teams
- You take pride in the quality of your work and create professional, well-thought-out designs using established design systems
- You work on challenging, wide-reaching projects for your team with little guidance from your lead
- You seek feedback from outside of your team to solve problems
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Perks At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes: Healthcare coverage, Retirement Plans, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Meal reimbursements, Wellness perks, Paid parental leave, Flexible time off, Learning and Development resources