Senior Software Engineer/Tech Lead, Storage and PubSub Platform, Cash App
- Sydney NSW, Australia
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 15 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
Headquartered in San Francisco and with major offices around the US, Canada, and Australia, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
Cash App is a mobile-first bank that ranks in the top 10 free apps in the app store with a rapidly growing user base and feature set. Our mission is to provide banking services to all, in particular those that are underserved. Cash is built as a service mesh, communicating via synchronous APIs as well as asynchronous events, built on AWS and Kubernetes.
The Storage and PubSub Platform team is responsible for all of the stateful systems in the platform, ranging from horizontally scalable SQL and NoSQL databases, through to durable messaging systems. Our goal is to provide a rock solid foundation that application developers use to rapidly prototype and ship product features with confidence and efficiency.
As a senior member of Cash Platform’s engineering team, you’ll collaborate with our stakeholders - product engineers and other platform engineers, as well as cross-functional partners - to:
- Design, build, and own infrastructure projects that provide critical support for operating microservices at scale
- Dig into the many parts of a large platform using a wide variety of analytical tooling, and if necessary, to add some new ones
- Use a data-driven approach to make the call on any new infrastructure that might need to be added, whether it’s off-the-shelf or built in-house
- Knock down pieces of infrastructure and improve on it to demonstrate resilience
- Work with bleeding edge cloud technology
- Boundless curiosity, autonomy, and a strong sense of accountability
- Strong desire to perform and grow as an engineer, mentor other engineers and raise everyones’ boats
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership
- The ability to lead a conversation, rather than dictate it, can set an example, and are empathetic to conflicting viewpoints
- Experience in leading teams, either in a technical or people management capacity, is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Kotlin, Go
- Docker, Kubernetes
- MySQL, RDS, Aurora
- gRPC, Envoy
- SignalFx, DataDog, Jaeger, Prometheus
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.