Software Engineer, Business Banking
- San Francisco, CA
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start and run their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
When our sellers make a sale, the Business Banking team helps them manage their business finances with products including Square Card, Instant Transfers, advanced reporting, and cash flow insights. With this suite of products, we ensure that our customers get access to the funds they need when they need them, and that they can always understand and control where their money is going. We partner with platform and infrastructure teams to move billions of dollars each year on behalf of our sellers.
You’ll help build and scale backend services, that empower outstanding front-end experiences within our web-based products, and contribute to the future of banking.
We are a product-focused engineering team with a full-stack background. Our projects use data-driven decisions to provide features across mobile and web frontends. We also talk directly to merchants about their needs and pain to identify opportunities to improve their experience. Our team enjoys working together to contribute to meaningful work seen by millions of merchants worldwide. As a member of the team, you’ll work with mobile, backend and frontend-focused engineers to bring high-value banking features to Square sellers.
- Help brainstorm solutions and build systems to solve customer problems
- Design, and improve the payment product experience using Java and MySQL
- Operate and scale a expanding product that is necessary to our sellers
- Design, implement and refine A/B tests
- Build reliable support for product data logging and metrics
- Work with our product, engineering, analytics, and marketing teams
- BS/BA degree or equivalent industry experience
- Experience with Java, Ruby or similar back end language
Nice to have:
- 1+ years of experience contributing to medium to large-scale feature releases
- Knowledge of payments or FinTech
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Go, MySQL, Ruby on Rails and more
- A/B test techniques and methodologies
At Square, we want you to be well and excel. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Meal reimbursements
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources