Copywriter, Growth and Retention Marketing - Creative Studio
- New York, NY, USA
We’re looking for a mid-level copywriter to join our team in our New York office.
It’s our job to make people excited about Square and help them understand how our products work—so you will work on brand, data-driven performance marketing, and growth retention projects alike.
You will concept and write specifically for e-mail and customer outreach campaigns. We have several products, and we send a lot of communication to varying audiences. We need a power email writer to help us develop successful campaigns that communicate new information to our customers. You should have a passion for subject/headline testing, and for optimizing outreach work to be as successful as possible.
You will enhance the creative work to meet the ambition of the brand while delivering outstanding results. You will work with data-analysts to help develop successful campaigns with channel-specific knowledge. Everything you work on will be designed to build the Square brand, promote growth of Square products, and grow the Square business.
You will work on an experienced, award-winning, full-service creative team. We cover a range of disciplines including copy, design, web, video, photography, production, and operations. You will partner closely with our insights, brand, product, and channel teams to create work.
- Write email campaigns, and help our teams learn what messages resonate best for each product
- Become familiar with every product in the Square library, and become a master of what language is the most successful
- Help set creative strategy for campaigns
- Use customer and data insights to inspire creative concepts
- Collaborate with an experienced group of designers, editors, producers, product managers, and marketers
- Collaborate across the Square organization to guarantee an integrated customer experience
- 2+ years experience in a creative role in an agency or in-house
- A portfolio to include with your resume and cover letter
- Excellent grammar, writing, and editorial skills—you take your English very seriously and sweat the small stuff
- The ability to explain complicated products and processes in simple, human ways to both businesses and consumers
- A positive attitude and a manageable ego with the ability to present and defend your work when you really believe in it
- An interest in working with data to make thoughtful creative deliverables
- Creative flexibility—you can flex your writing and adjust your language and tone based on your audience
- An ability to define and differentiate brands
- Ability to push a brand forward with fresh, evolving, creative ideas
- Understanding of performance-based marketing strategies
- Interest in technology and the future evolution of content creation and distribution