Software Engineer (Frontend), Square Capital
- San Francisco, CA
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
- Position open to remote: No
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Square’s rapidly growing financing platform, Square Capital, has revolutionized the way businesses and consumers obtain the funding needed to achieve their goals.
Unlike traditional business financing products, Square Capital offers are extended to pre-qualified sellers with no application process, funds are deposited as soon as the next business day, and repayment happens as a fixed percentage of daily card sales. Since the product launched in 2014, Square Capital has extended more than $4.5 billion to over a hundred thousand sellers.
With Square Installments, we’re empowering sellers to offer monthly installment plans, so that their customers can access goods and services they value, but can not or do not want to pay in full up front. This makes goods and services more affordable for buyers, and helps small businesses grow with a tool that has been historically reserved for large companies. Our team strives to provide simple, elegant, and reliable financing experiences for small business owners and their customers.
As a frontend software engineer on Square Capital, you will be responsible for designing, building, and owning the web applications that power our products. If you love delivering beautiful software that improves the lives of millions of consumers and business owners, we want to work with you!
- Work closely with engineering, product, and design partners to build web experiences that are clean, pragmatic, and forward-thinking
- Define and develop modern APIs that integrate web and mobile app clients with server backends
- Design fault tolerant web applications that work whether the customer is online, offline, or has poor connectivity
- Build web applications that collect customers’ sensitive data, while holding Square to the highest standards for security and compliance
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience working in modular frontend codebases using modern web frameworks like React, Angular, or EmberJS
- Interest in working full-stack, from developing frontend web applications to implementing business logic and optimizing database transactions
- Passion for building products that are beautiful outside and inside – from their user experience to their robust and elegant design