Senior Android Engineer, Cash App
- Austin, TX, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 15 million active monthly users. Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year. With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
As part of the Android engineering team for Cash, you’ll help build the foundation that lets Cash engineers build remarkable features quickly and at scale. We're focusing on new client/server platforms and technologies that make every developer's life better by making it easy to ship new functionality quickly and frequently from the server, while maintaining the fully-native, fully-interactive experience our customers deserve.
- Work closely with the server team to build seamless experiences for our customers.
- Collaborate with the design team to unify engineering and design needs into our design system.
- Mentor incredibly high-potential and high-output engineers.
- Rethink legacy, load-bearing code to make it more manageable for the team to work in.
- Craft durable, well-tested code with an unwavering commitment to product quality.
- Help establish conventions and promote best practices.
- Have an outsized impact on the future of the Cash product.
- A knack for creating readable, well-crafted, maintainable code.
- An interest in client/server interaction and how different platforms can work in unison.
- An eye for design or an ear for the customer; engineering makes substantive contributions to product definition.
- A commitment to continuous improvement (yourself, your teammates, your software).
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others.
Technologies we use and teach:
- Kotlin, Java
- Protocol buffers
- SQLite, Accessibility
- Unit tests, snapshot tests, integration tests
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines. Perks At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes: Healthcare coverage, Retirement Plans, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Meal reimbursements, Wellness perks, Paid parental leave, Flexible time off, Learning and Development resources