EA Manager, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA
Cash App, a full-stack startup within Square, is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to the world’s most dynamic money app.Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years. We’ve even stolen the #1 overall spot from Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Snapchat. Cash App’s brand is inane, fun, and above all, daring. Headquartered in SF with offices in New York, St. Louis, Melbourne, Atlanta, and Kitchener Waterloo, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
Square’s Cash App Team is looking for detail oriented, creative, and reliable business partners to join our Executive Assistant Team, supporting our executives and managing our EAs. Our Executive Assistants are critical team members who hold everything together - you will have the opportunity to participate in wide-ranging, confidential, and strategic tasks to support Cash’s objectives and take our company to the next level. We are looking for candidates with an innate passion for learning, who enjoy taking on new challenges and projects, and who excel at being mindful of details in an energetic, fast-paced, and ever-changing environment. We value diverse backgrounds as well as “traditional” EA experience (if such a thing exists), and are hiring across multiple levels on the team.
EA People Lead Responsibilities
People Management Responsibilities
- Lead ~3 Executive Assistants with varying levels of experience.
- Manage administrative responsibilities for directs, including time cards, time-off approval and balance, reporting processes approval, Workday management, team resource maintenance.
- Communicate job and performance expectations through consolidation, synthesis, and delivery of performance feedback during our performance review and promotion cycles.
- Support directs’ effectiveness and successful development of their job responsibilities through dynamic coaching, mentorship, and advocacy, varying across the needs of each direct.
- Collaborate with other EA Leads and partners on team-wide matters, including annual and incremental budget planning processes, team-wide load balancing, identifying trends and recommending systemic improvements.
- Active participant in department-wide promotion and compensation calibration, recruiting outlook and hiring processes, and other team building programs.
Executive Assistant Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to our Cash Product Engineering Lead, maintain sensitive and complex calendars, requiring coordination with both internal and external executives, partners, and EAs.
- Be the executive’s right hand by attending important meetings, actively participate, and provide a knowledgeable resource, while ensuring executive preparation and effectiveness.
- Manage projects simultaneously, identifying gaps and taking ownership of projects; compile and prepare material and agendas for team meetings, such as all-hands presentations and events.
- Develop an understanding of the team and field requests from internal and external contacts, be available and approachable.
- Maintain relationships with cross-functional business partners to help support Cash programs and goals.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience as an Executive Assistant, or experience in a similar organizational function (Recruiting, HR, Event Planning, etc.)
- Direct, dotted line, or informal experience leading a team of administrative professionals.
- Experience supporting a variety of different executives and teams.
- Experience handling multiple administrative and executive support tasks and projects, and communicating with all types of personalities and team members.
- Appreciation for the challenges of supporting a growing team of diverse personalities and programs.
- Value teamwork at all levels, while remaining proactive, resourceful, and efficient.