Senior Software Engineer- Money Platform, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Position open to remote: No
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple single purpose product to the world’s most dynamic money app.
Loved by customers, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years. We sometimes even steal the overall #1 spot from the likes of Facebook, YouTube and Instagram. Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s financial system.
Headquartered in SF with offices in Kitchener Waterloo, Melbourne, New York, Sydney, Austin and Toronto. We’re growing rapidly and we would love for you to join us!
As a member of the Money Platform engineering team, scaling problems will be your bread and butter. All money coming in and out of the Cash platform will go through your services and with things like the Cash Card, one of the fastest growing card programs in the US, you will be on the frontline of architecting and maintaining services to serve our 15 million+ monthly active users.
- Own the core services behind the Cash Banking Ledger
- Have a core focus on scale, so we not only handle today’s customers but the customers of tomorrow and beyond!
- Have a broad range of knowledge and be willing to work on anything from the application code, the infrastructure or the database clusters.
- Continually push to write solutions that reduce operational costs via automation, handling edge cases in large datasets and complex eventual consistency across distributed systems
- Be a proactive team player by being an active participant in all parts of the delivery process from ideation, prioritization, productionization and beyond
- Boundless curiosity
- Drive to find flaws in a system with many moving parts and take whatever steps are necessary to fix them
- Strong desire to perform and grow as an engineer
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership on previous projects
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Kotlin
- DataDog, Prometheus, SignalFx
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, Protocol Buffers
- OkHttp, Jetty, JUnit, Guice
- Hibernate, MySQL
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.