Senior Software Engineer - Banking, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 15 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, Toronto and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
Cash App is a quick, easy, and free way to send money. The Cash engineering team is responsible for the code that makes this work. As a member of the Banking team on Cash, we're building out the features and functionality that our users depend on every day. All money coming in and out of the app will go through your services, and with things like the Cash Card, one of the fastest growing card programs in the US, you will be on the frontline of building and maintaining services to serve our 15 million+ monthly active users.
As a member of the Cash engineering team, you’ll collaborate with us to:
- Build out new features and maintain functionality of Cash's Banking Ledger
- Build APIs used by apps and microservices
- Scale systems to our growing customer base
- Unit test everything
- Be a proactive team player by being an active participant in all parts of the delivery process from ideation, prioritization, productionization and beyond
- Strong desire to perform and grow as an engineer
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated technical initiative on previous projects
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java 8 including JUnit, Hibernate, Guice, and Jersey
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.