Software Engineer, Payment Activation
- San Francisco, CA
First impressions matter! Our team is responsible for collecting the information needed for merchants to take payments. As one of the first experiences at Square, we focus on making that process simple and easy. We focus on improving the user experience for all new merchants and on building new user-facing tools to help them better manage the payment aspect of their business.
A few examples of the products that we work on:
- Onboarding and new user experience for payment products
- Data collection and maintenance ui for our merchants worldwide
- Identity verification and account activation
- Referral program
We are a full-stack and mobile product team: we improve and integrate with the money moving platform and deliver product features on desktops, mobile web, and in our iOS and Android apps. Our approach is both customer-focused and data-driven: we talk to existing and prospective merchants, understand their needs and pains, and find opportunities to improve product experiences from data insights and A/B tests. Our team has excellent work-life balance, allows flexible hours and location, and works on important, valuable projects.
- Design, create and optimize the payment product experience using Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Java, and MySQL
- Design and implement A/B tests
- Build extensive, reliable support for product data logging and metrics
- Work closely with our product, engineering, analytics, and marketing teams
- 1+ years of software engineering experience.
- Server-side experience, ideally in Rails or Java, and familiarity or curiosity about frontend and mobile development
- Led or contributed to feature releases
- Excellent interpersonal skills that enable effective communication and collaboration with a variety of stakeholders
- Empathy for our customers and an interest in producing an excellent experience for them
Technologies we use and teach:
- A/B test techniques and methodologies
- iOS and Android development