- Denver, CO
The Appointments team at Square is focused on creating purpose-built tools for businesses that sell their time (think: hair stylists at salons, trainers at gyms, lawyers, contractors, etc.). On this team, we’re building brand new products on top of Square’s revolutionary payments platform to make the lives of these professionals easier and more productive, and the experience for their customers more modern and seamless. Our small, cross-functional, and collaborative team has already built many foundational features and are now focused on innovating and experimenting, across all platforms, and beyond traditional product lines.
Research plays an important role in all of our decisions. We’re looking to hire a researcher who can bridge the gap between our sellers, designers, product managers, and engineers to build empathy, inform strategy, and identify opportunities for us to improve. You’ll be the first dedicated design researcher embedded directly on the Appointments design team and help craft experiences that empower our merchants to more effectively run their businesses.
- Identify research needs in partnership with the product team
- Design, plan, and resource user research projects
- Advocate and guide strategy for design and product direction
- Synthesize and present actionable insights to a variety of stakeholders
- Recruit sellers and test digital prototypes
- Have 5+ years of relevant work experience integrating user research into product and design practices
- Have an understanding of strengths and weaknesses of different research methods, including when and how to apply them
- Have excellent survey design and analysis skills
- Experience with the whole product lifecycle — from early stage to launch and beyond
- Experience evaluating and testing digital and physical products
- Strength in a particular research specialty: design strategy, generative and exploratory research, surveys, statistical modeling, analytics/visualization, etc.