Senior Software Engineer, Mobile Security
- New York, NY
We work to guarantee the security of every transaction from dip and tap to receipt. In the Mobile Security group, we work to collect, interpret, and react to signals which identify security risks to our mobile apps and the APIs they depend on. We build workflows, both human and machine, to make real-time and asynchronous decisions about the risks associated with these devices. We make attacking Square difficult, so that our sellers and buyers stay safe.
We seek high-scale software service engineers, who can deal with the complexity of security in a high QPS environment. We need people who recognize that a false positive is a frustrated customer, a false negative a possible security risk, and an engineer’s oversight a precious and limited commodity. We cannot succeed without elegant tooling, automated security decisions, and well-defined processes to help leverage ourselves.
- Lead and contribute to software engineering projects. Prior projects have involved:
- Java development in a scaled environment
- High-traffic data processing and rules-based analysis
- Information flow modeling
- Applied machine learning for predictive analysis
- Work in the San Francisco, New York or Seattle office. Remote work in the USA or Canada is a possibility depending on experience. Occasional travel may be required.
- Strong examples of secure and elegant software development on production systems
- Skill in Java service development
- A curiosity about applied information security