University Programs Specialist
- San Francisco, CA
As a University Programs Specialist, you will improve Square’s recruiting event strategy by planning and executing successful events. This is a unique opportunity to partner across many different teams and impact our company’s recruiting efforts. You will represent Square in various capacities, including campus and industry recruiting events, while also maintaining an active Internship Program. You will work cross functionally to understand current hiring needs and plan/execute recruiting events that meet those needs.
- Plan, execute and project-manage our campus programs strategy and recruiting events such as: conferences, tech talks, office tours, roundtable sessions, interviews, special events, virtual workshops, and more.
- Help source and generate top of funnel activity for internships and New Grad roles via events and referrals.
- Monitor and measure success and the overall ROI on all programs and recruiting events, and spearhead initiatives that support hiring and conversion.
- Improve our university recruiting brand through diversity-related projects in partnership with the Inclusion & Diversity and Talent Brand teams to strengthen Square’s employer brand.
- Lead our SQuad (intern + full time) program for all university hires, year-round. This may include allocation, onboarding, and program schedules.
- Build strong relationships with managers internally to run hiring manager trainings and serve as a resource as needed.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to develop and deliver talent brand collateral to all events.
- 5+ years related experience in recruiting and/or university relations
- An understanding of the recruiting function and process to partner effectively with recruiters and the broader Talent team
- A proven track record of strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and make recommendations and drive solutions based on data
- Demonstrated creativity of going beyond campus job fairs and interview events
- Experience working with underrepresented communities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships within and outside of Square
- Ability to travel: required at least 25% of the year or more during peak university recruiting seasons