Technical Program Manager - Product Design Engineering
- Shenzhen, China
Our Product Design Technical Project Manager (TPM) will work as part of the Product Design team and will oversee on-site management of mechanical parts, assemblies, and systems starting from DFM discussions, tooling, part bringup, assembly, testing, and all the way through to product ramp and post ramp qualification. They will work with manufacturers and multiple teams including Engineering, Global Supply Chain Management and Factory Operations. Our teams are globally distributed across the San Francisco Bay Area and Shenzhen, China, and you will report to a manager in the United States.
Domestic and International travel required.
- Work with applicable Global Supply Managers to determine and establish supply chain requirements using selected equipment and manufacturing suppliers.
- Establish part tolerance and specifications by demonstrating process capability to Product Designers and Industrial Designers.
- Provide onsite support at manufacturing sites during development and product production ramp, and guide engineering issues to resolution
- Audit suppliers to monitor ongoing quality and testing.
- Drive qualification of colors, materials, and cosmetic finishes (CMF).
- Provide ongoing onsite support to ensure sustaining of products including design of experiments and post ramp qualification.
- Manufacturing process monitoring in the supplier/sub-supplier facilities. Yield rate and mechanical definition and improvement.
- Work with tooling vendors, OEM/ODM, Asia-based OPM/QA/GSM team, and US-based team to ensure quality and schedule goals are met.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field.
- 5+ years of full-time mechanical manufacturing experience.
- Experience with a variety of manufacturing processes (including injection molding, die casting, CNC machining, stamping, laser/ultrasonic welding), material and finishing desired.
- Knowledge in Production Part Approval Process (GRR, FAI, CPK, and control plan).
- Experience at FATP (Final Assembly, Test, and Packaging) site.
- Working professional proficiency in Mandarin and English.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources