Product Manager (API), Cash App
- San Francisco, CA
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 15 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
Today the Cash App API powers internal customers such as Square Payroll, but we have the team and technology in place to do much more. As the Product Manager owning the Cash App API, you will set the vision, strategy, and roadmap to make our API into a world class developer product.
Developers and the Cash App API are key to Cash App’s strategy for expansion. You will dive deep to understand the current payment ecosystem and determine the positioning of our API within it. With our API, we want developers to build commerce applications that meet the needs of any business -- large or small. You will own giving those developers the best experience in the market to drive growth, lower costs, and evolve the identity of Cash App beyond a consumer brand. To accomplish this you will work with engineering, design, product and operations to own and deliver on this strategy.
- Drive the strategy, tactics and delivery timelines for the work required to drive growth
- Create and own the developer experience - developer site and dashboard, API documentation, SDKs, etc.
- Help identify and execute business development deals to grow our active developer base
- Develop innovative and industry leading products that uniquely serve Cash App’s customers and differentiate our products from competitors
- Inspire your cross-functional peers in order to build a strong partnership in delivering excellent products and services
- Influence key stakeholders throughout Cash App in order to align resources and prioritization
- A track record of success shipping APIs, SDKs, products, and complex systems at scale
- Success taking brand new products from conception to market
- Experience managing and integrating a diverse set of partners and processes into a cohesive product
- Experience working through seams and removing friction
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Navigated product scale challenges in a high growth environment
- Managed a high performing team that consistently delivers
- Developed industry leading products that have gained a strong followership and product loyalty
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.