Engineering Manager, Money Movements Team, Cash App
- Kitchener, ON, Canada
- Position open to remote: No
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 24 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
As an Engineering Manager on Cash, you will build teams, products, and services that are inspiring, meaningful and that fundamentally change the financial system we know today. The Money Movement team is responsible for capturing and sending funds in every peer-to-peer transaction. Working alongside Product Managers and Engineering teams, you will help build the team’s roadmap, scale our ACH, Cash Balance, and card processing capabilities as well as improve payment routing, all to accommodate our growing customer base.
We believe Engineering management is a craft worthy of mastery, and we’re looking for an Engineering leader who shares our passion for building impactful teams, products, and businesses. An essential element of this role will be to grow the team through identifying and attracting bar-raising candidates. You'll ensure collaboration across multiple disciplines and foster development on the team through your mentorship. Expect to be hands-on in this role - we want you to be comfortable with the codebase your teams are working on.
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineers, and Business Leads to refine your team’s vision and roadmap
- Explore new payment gateways and routing mechanisms to expand processing capabilities
- Lead and lend yourself to important technical, design, and product discussions with leaders from across the organization
- Build and scale products, systems, and services that millions of Cash App customers use to send payments
- Encourage ownership, inclusiveness, pragmatism and impact across the team
- Hold your teammates - and yourself - to high Engineering standards
- Directly managed engineers - including providing mentorship, feedback, and investing in the career growth of your team members
- A history of healthy collaboration with Product Managers, Engineers, and other teams
- Success developing achievable roadmaps and motivating teams to improve
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and an openness to ideas of others
Tools we use and teach:
- Java 11 including JUnit, Hibernate, Guice, and Jersey
- gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
- Amazon Web Services
- Event-driven architecture
- Feature Engineering for Machine Learning
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.