Head of Analytics, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Position open to remote: No
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 15 million active monthly users. Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year. With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
We are looking for a Head of Analytics to join Square and help build Cash App, the fastest growing financial app in the world. Our mission is to make banking and financial services accessible to the underserved and unbanked. We derive valuable insights from our extremely unique datasets and turn those into actions that improve the experience for our customers every day.
You will be a part of the broader data science organization and will partner directly with Cash App’s product and business leads. You will help build and lead a centralized team of product and business analysts that are embedded across all of the Cash App product and business lines. These product teams include our P2P, Banking, Cash Card, Growth, Investing, BTC, and International teams. You will help define our data strategy and standardize top-level metrics across the business. We are looking for someone who will thrive in a fast-paced environment and can be hands on when needed.
- Recruit, lead, and mentor a world-class Analytics team (team size of 3-4 currently; aiming to grow the team to 10 people by end of 2020)
- Partner and collaborate closely with Cash App’s product, business, and engineering leads
- Effectively communicate your team’s work with senior leadership and the executive team on a regular basis
- Dive in deeply with members of your team to provide coaching and ensure their success, even providing hands-on analytics support in critical high-impact areas if needed
- Promote data, statistics, and experimentation best practices across the entire Cash App team
- Work with product and data engineering on data logging, data quality, data infrastructure, and ETL
- Help shape Cash App’s data and analytics strategy
- 7-10 years of analytics experience in industry with 3+ years of people management experience
- A degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, or a related technical field
- You are an expert in SQL, Tableau, and pay tremendous attention to detail
- Expertise in statistics and experimentation with a significant appreciation of concepts such as causality, selection biases, incrementality, cohort analyses, funnels, etc.
- Experience in a fast-paced high-growth tech environment
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for Cash App’s mission of economic empowerment
Technologies we use and teach:
- SQL (MySQL, Snowflake, BigQuery, etc.)
- Tableau, Airflow
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines. Perks At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes: Healthcare coverage, Retirement Plans, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Meal reimbursements, Wellness perks, Paid parental leave, Flexible time off, Learning and Development resources