Treasury Capital Markets Lead
- Oakland, CA, USA
The Square Treasury team is looking to hire a Capital Markets Lead to build our function across capital markets and cash forecasting. This role presents the opportunity to help enable all of Square’s products through ensuring the efficient use of our capital in the global markets.
This position can be based out of any of our U.S. office locations (Oakland, San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, St. Louis, Portland) and has potential to be remote.
- Develop long term Capital Markets strategies for Square and execute on Debt Markets transactions
- Partner with Finance and Strategy team to develop long-term balance sheet and cash flow forecasts to assist in capital markets analyses
- Build analytical models to evaluate capital structure decisions including financing, return of capital, liquidity planning, credit ratings, and contingency planning for review with senior leadership.
- Partner with multiple Square products to develop Treasury partnerships focused upon reduction of cost of capital and market efficiencies.
- Work with the Square Capital Team to improve balance sheet use metrics and assessment including support for new product launches
- Manage existing debt portfolio including covenant compliance for credit facility and over $1B convertible debt.
- Partner with the Investments team to build Square’s short-term investment function including in-house portfolio management, external investment manager oversight and conservative income generation for customer funds.
- 5-10 years experience in Corporate Treasury or Banking, preferably with experience in a capital markets function.
- Strong financial modeling experience.
- Team player who is able to work on a variety of projects simultaneously and can work independently across multiple geographies.
- Candidate must have a strong work ethic, and excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for Square. Strong interest in fintech and knowledge of the industry.
- Strong math and quantitative analysis skills.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s in a technical field, MBA strongly preferred.