Growth Programs Manager - Network Acquisition, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 15 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
Cash App’s Growth Team drives customer acquisition, engagement, retention, and monetization for Cash App overall. We’re building a robust platform to influence customer behavior and accelerate Cash App’s top-line growth. On top of this foundation, we’re scaling 3 product teams (Rewards & Status, Ads, and Wallet), a platform team (Marketing Tools), and 2 business teams (Sales and Growth Programs). In all, we’re building a state-of-the-art rewards, payments, and advertising platform that will both 1) propel Cash App forward as the leading global digital bank, and 2) power commerce end-to-end for the largest brands in the world.
As part of the Growth Team’s rapid expansion, we’re looking to hire an outstanding Growth Programs Manager to lead Network Acquisition Programs for Cash App. The overall goal of Network Acquisition Programs is to develop a repeatable and scalable formula to take over new networks of customers that aren’t already using Cash App as their primary financial tool for P2P payments or payment card purchases. A network could be anything from a college campus, a neighborhood, a particular community with mutual interests, or even a whole city. We are rethinking how we can bring everyone in the United States (and eventually the world) into the Cash App ecosystem.
In this role you will:
- Work alongside business, product, design, data science, customer success, and operations to increase usage and adoption of Cash App within specific communities across the US through a series of marketing & operational programs.
- Lead all go-to-market efforts that leverage existing and ongoing product development to help accelerate the adoption of Cash App in specific networks and local communities.
- Create and drive the execution of all network acquisition and engagement strategies - both in-app and external to the app
- Own the marketing budget for Network Acquisition and optimize across different elements of the portfolio (referrals, direct payouts, Boosts, paid ads, on-the-ground presence, etc.).
- Rigorously test hypotheses and use data to drive decision making, including implementing the necessary analytical frameworks and reporting mechanisms to measure and drive success.
- Work alongside customer-facing teams who might be communicating directly with customers in specific networks or communities to help educate them and engage with them.
- Work cross-functionally with a variety of stakeholders to execute campaigns and continuously test new channels and tactics to make Cash App the #1 payments app.
- Travel within Cash App’s existing markets on a regular basis to conduct research and implement specific growth programs to acquire and engage with certain cohorts of individuals.
In short, this role is a blend of Business, Marketing, Operations, and Program Management. You will have the opportunity to work horizontally with basically all disciplines on the Cash App team all with your eye toward one goal: Growth.
- 4-6 years of work experience, preferably in product, business operations, consulting, or other highly-results-driven roles
- A hunger to tackle complicated and impactful business, marketing, product problems
- A deep understanding of cultural trends and current phenomena that are resonating with particular communities and networks
- A strong understanding of customer lifecycle frameworks and what it takes to scale a business from 0 to 1
- Strong strategic thinking, problem solving, and logical structuring abilities
- An energetic, self-motivated, humble and hungry attitude. Nothing stops you from moving the ball forward.
- Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to independently lay out and test clear hypotheses, and solve problems without well-defined direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively across different teams. You will establish yourself as a primary resource for the Growth Team, collaborating with Product, Design, Operations, Marketing, and Engineering to drive efficiencies and improvements that flow through to a better customer experience.
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.