Program Manager, Risk Strategy
- San Francisco, CA
In Risk Strategy at Square, you'll design, build, and operationalize systems to root out high-risk activity across the Square platform of products. We are looking for a Program Manager to join our Risk Strategy team, which is directly responsible for our most important projects and engagements.
The Strategy Program Manager designs and implements risk solutions across all of Square's products and markets to safely promote growth. You'll collaborate with product teams and analysts to develop a risk analysis and strategy for new features and product launches across Square. You'll also partner with all major Risk teams (engineering, operations, data science, and more) to design, ship, and refine essential product features that provide a frictionless Risk experience for Square Sellers and their customers. You will directly shape Square's Risk roadmap and processes in our fast-growing, energetic company.
- Manage diverse relationships with Product, Engineering, Operations, and Analytics teams to determine the Risk roadmap and ensure successful product launches
- Perform Risk evaluations of new feature requests, products and process improvements to provide recommendations that help teams understand and manage their Risk exposure
- Decide and communicate the goals, requirements, and constraints for product changes and releases across Square
- Perform research to understand the market, customer needs, and existing solutions for given products
- Manage multiple complex projects, often with competing timelines and resource needs
- Build upon existing internal partnerships: define, iterate and enable new projects that minimize risk across Square.
- 3 or more years of product/project management experience
- Excellent project leadership skills; ability to inspire team members and product partners
- Experience working closely with Engineering Managers and Product Managers to coordinate and ship important work with multiple teams and delivery dates
- The motivation to affect change with creative and thoughtful problem solving
- A strong passion for Squares mission
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, etc)
- Experience partnering with external partners or clients to solve our problems
- Experience in the payments field or risk management