Senior Software Engineer (Fullstack/Frontend), Business Banking
- San Francisco, CA
When our sellers make a sale, the Business Banking team helps them manage their business finances with products including Square Card, Instant Transfers, advanced reporting, and cash flow insights. With this suite of products, we ensure that our customers get access to the funds they need when they need them, and that they can always understand and control where their money is going. We partner with platform and infrastructure teams to move billions of dollars each year on behalf of our sellers.
We are a product-focused engineering team with a full-stack background. Our projects use data-driven decisions to deliver features across mobile and web frontends. We also talk directly to merchants about their needs and pain to identify opportunities to improve their experience. Our team enjoys working together to contribute to meaningful work seen by millions of merchants worldwide. As a member of the team, you’ll work collaboratively with mobile, backend and frontend-focused engineers to deliver high-value banking features to Square sellers.
You’ll help develop and scale backend services, build excellent front-end experiences within our web-based products, and contribute to the future of banking.
- Help brainstorm solutions and build systems to solve customer problems
- Design and optimize the payment product experience using Java and MySQL
- Operate and scale a growing product that is important to our sellers
- Design, implement and refine A/B tests
- Build reliable support for product data logging and metrics
- Work with our product, engineering, analytics, and marketing teams
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Programming skills
Nice to have:
- Experience contributing to medium to large-scale feature releases
- Knowledge of payments or FinTech
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Ember.js, MySQL, Ruby on Rails, Go and more
- A/B test techniques and methodologies