Software Engineer (Full Stack), Square Capital
- San Francisco, CA
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, and helping the ice cream shop pay its employees. And, with Square Capital, we have extended over $2.5 billion in funding to our sellers, helping them manage their cash flow and making it easy to invest in and grow their business. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it, and make it easier for customers to shop and pay at their favorite businesses. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Square’s rapidly growing financing platform, Square Capital, has revolutionized the way businesses and consumers obtain the funding needed to achieve their goals.
Unlike traditional business financing products, Square Capital offers are extended to pre-qualified sellers with no application process, funds are deposited as soon as the next business day, and repayment happens as a fixed percentage of daily card sales. Since the product launched in 2014, Square Capital has extended more than $6 billion to over a hundred thousand sellers.
With Square Installments, we’re empowering sellers to offer monthly installment plans, so that their customers can access goods and services they value, but can not or do not want to pay in full up front. This makes local goods and services more affordable for buyers, and helps small businesses grow in a way that has been historically reserved for big ones. Our team strives to provide simple, elegant, and reliable financing experiences for small business owners and their customers.
As a full stack engineer on the team, you’ll be at the forefront of shaping our buyer and seller experiences. You will also be working closely with people across engineering, product, and design to build systems and experiences that are modern, clear, responsive and beautiful.
- Work on products that are visible and directly impactful to our customers.
- Work closely with product management, design and other internal teams to understand customer’s needs and improve their experience.
- Develop seamless web experiences that are clean, pragmatic, and forward-thinking.
- Define and develop clear and secure APIs that integrate multiple web/app clients with server.
- Build well-designed, reusable system patterns and components.
- Contribute to open source communities.
- Grow as an engineer, while helping those around you.
- 2+ years professional experience in building customer facing software projects.
- Knowledge of, and experience with modern web architecture and frameworks (Ruby on Rails, Django)
- Knowledge of software engineering design fundamentals and code organization.
- Experience testing your code.
- Understanding of the principles of design, UI, and user experience.
Technologies we use and teach:
- Software software engineering design patterns and best practices in modern production systems.
- Full stack software engineering tools: testers, linters, package management, continuous integration.
- …and much, much more - Square is a great place to learn all kinds of technology!