Product Manager, Business Operations Platform
- San Francisco, CA
From the inside, all of Square’s product services are organized into business units with their own product and engineering teams. Underneath, there’s a connected platform team that supports the network. We are that platform. Through various API technologies, we collect live data from across Square’s ecosystem and centralize it into a single-pane-of-glass view. On top of this centralization, we offer a suite of tools that power risk, compliance, customer success, and all other operational teams across the entire company. We enable product and engineering across the company to visualize how they connect into the bigger picture of Square and build solutions on the platform to optimize their operational responsibilities.
As a product manager, you will own the future of one or more products on our platform. This involves the full life-cycle from strategy to development through launching across different teams. In this role, you will collaborate closely with engineers, data scientists, analysts, designers, and cross-functional operations and external teams to ensure that our solutions are scalable and reusable.
- Help shape the strategy for the platform
- Perform user research to understand operational workflows, customer needs, and existing solutions and experiences
- Define, document, and communicate goals, requirements and constraints for product programs and releases
- Work with the engineering managers to prioritize a roadmap and champion requests from partners with strategic priorities in mind
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to iterate on the products and deliver achievable results
- Manage the roll-out of features to different customer groups
- Set and analyze metrics for the products to guide direction and measure success for the platform
- 5+ year(s) of product management experience
- A strong technical background
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Comfort in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and an ability to navigate ambiguity and balance competing demands
- Experience shipping and iterating on successful platforms with cross functional partners
Ideal candidates may have:
- Payments, Risk, Compliance, Operations or Workflow Management experience
- Developed and iterated on enterprise products.
- 4+ years of experience managing diverse projects and contributing to product vision