Software Engineer, Product Teams
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Toronto office is our newest engineering hub housing a number of product teams at Square. As Square's business continues to experience rapid growth, these teams serve the heart of the business, allowing Square product teams and third parties to build safe, scalable, and reliable products. We are looking for software engineers who feel comfortable in all parts of the stack, and are also willing to help Square expand its engineering presence in the region, to join our Toronto office. Here are some of our teams:
- The Retail team is building a new and autonomous team in Toronto called ‘Channels’, responsible for building the infrastructure to enable selling on multiple channels ranging from social to messaging to marketplaces and more.
- We partner with Retail’s Inventory team in NY to ensure the right products are listed for sale in the right channels, with Retail’s Orders team in ATL to pipe in all relevant metadata such that sellers can fulfill channel orders, and with our eCom and Commerce Platform teams to address the metadata gap in our sellers’ catalogs that prevent listing in many channels today.
- Technical challenges include finding a way to create and maintain authoritative metadata for listing an incredibly diverse set of products on various channels, and designing a high level framework for listing and maintaining channel listings.
- Our team’s product is a suite of components including iOS and Android clients, web front-end and back-end server work. We employ Swift/Objective-C, Kotlin, Ember JS and Java/Go respectively.
The Toronto office houses a number of eCommerce teams at Square. As Square’s business continues to expand into the online space, these teams will help build all aspects of Square’s eCommerce offering. We are looking for talented and passionate software engineers to join our Toronto office.
*Integrations - You will...
- Build and maintain the core service and infrastructure that connects the Square ecosystem with the Weebly/ECOM Products, processing millions of requests per day for hundreds of thousands of merchants
- Partner closely with teams from both Square and eCommerce ecosystems to review engineering designs, provide architectural guidance, and assist teams as they continue to integrate the Square/ECOM platform
- Build and maintain the core features that allow sellers to succeed online, including managing their online item catalog, accepting orders, fulfilling those orders, and everything in between
- Work closely with other Store teams on cross functional initiatives to provide complex and advanced Online Store functionality. From international support to robust customer accounts, you will work on the advanced features that help sellers grow and succeed
- Define the architectural direction for the Online Store product, and work closely with technical stakeholders from other teams to ensure that our plans and approaches are technically sound and forward thinking
- Build out and enhance the purchase flow, add new products and functionality for purchase, and create admin and management tools for photographers
- Work on a product that provides tremendous value to sellers, by allowing them to get professional quality photos and 360 degree animations of the products using our state-of-the-art robotic camera at a low price
- Support rapid growth of the platform and expansion into more studio locations. The engineering team will play a key role in finding efficiencies that allow the product to scale
- Opportunity to help define the Customer Data Platform that powers customer-centric interactions across all products in the Square ecosystem
- We’re renovating our architecture in order to meet the customer data needs of large, sophisticated sellers as Square continues to move upmarket. Two challenges you will help us solve are scale and extensibility
- Technologies used: Java, Go, MySQL, AWS Elasticsearch, Google Cloud Dataflow + BigQuery
- 4+ years of full-stack development experience and an excellent command of engineering fundamentals
- Motivation to build beautiful, intuitive products
- Innate curiosity, and a desire to learn and teach
- Empathy for your customers and colleagues
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others
- Experience working in Java or Rails, preferably with some full-stack experience
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Ruby, PHP, Go
- Guice, Guava, Protocol Buffers, gRPC, jOOQ, Rails, Laravel
- MySQL, Redis, Kafka, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Memcached
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.