HR Business Partner
- Toronto, Canada
Our Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) in Toronto will support employees and management in Square’s Canada, UK & Ireland markets. You want to make a significant impact in one of the most valued and visible groups in the company with an extraordinary desire to innovate. You will work closely with managers to provide hands-on input, insight, and advice concerning employee relations, HR programs, conflict management, organizational development, compensation, training, and more. You’re comfortable speaking up and driving projects forward despite any unexpected roadblocks.
- Provide employees and managers (leads) in the Canada, Ireland, and UK markets with an available first contact for questions and guidance.
- Escalate concerns beyond your scope and navigate employees and leadership to the right contact.
- Provide coaching to leads and employees for things such as: procedure interpretation, employee engagement, conflict resolution, People process training, employee relations, performance management, career development, talent assessment, workplace investigations, etc.
- Work with managers in market to support compensation planning. May help analyze data with leads and HRBPs to allow conversations with HRBPs on issues that are site-specific.
- Ensure that all employee relations issues are identified and investigated - including working with the appropriate HRBP or Employee Relations. If necessary, call out site themes across all teams.
- Partner with Global HRBPs to help provide unique and team-specific people solutions to teams in each market.
- Work with managers to create action plans from our internal employee survey. Help analyze data with leads and HRBPs. Organize action planning and follow up.
- Participate in talent reviews and help identify talent throughout the organization with HRBPs.
- Support and monitor performance management processes (annual/mid year review process) to identify areas for improvement and use findings to recommend improvements in the efficiency of processes. This could include scheduling and supporting specific events.
- Other special HR projects.
- Frequent international and domestic travel is required.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3 or more years of HR Generalist / HRBP experience, including working knowledge of Canada employment laws and best practices
- A history of partnership alignment to build and improve company culture and increase employee engagement
- Working knowledge of employment laws and best practices in Ireland and the UK