Senior Software Engineer (Frontend), Team Management
- San Francisco, CA
As Square has grown, so have our sellers – going from businesses with just a few employees, to many (sometimes hundreds or thousands!). Team Management provides business owners and managers the tools they need to manage their entire team. This includes providing permission functionality within Point of Sale and Square Dashboard, plus allowing sellers to track their team’s time with time cards. Team Management helps give our sellers the peace of mind that their business is running smoothly, even if they’re not physically present.
To learn more about the Team Management product: https://squareup.com/us/en/point-of-sale/features/team-management
As a Senior Front-end Engineer on the team, you’ll be at the forefront of Square’s opportunity to grow on the web. Work includes:
- Use your passion for great user experience to develop customer-facing applications used by both merchants and their employees
- Improve scalability and performance of UI intensive features
- Promote simplicity and usability of features that have complex information architecture
- Contribute to larger, cross-team front end projects throughout Square to provide cohesive, first class experience.
- 8+ years of experience developing production software
- Experience leading or contributing to medium-to-large feature releases; usually multi-person projects that cross engineering team boundaries
- Natural curiosity and desire to build products our merchants depend on.
Web technologies we use:
- Ember JS
- Ruby on Rails
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Meal reimbursements
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources