Designer, Email Marketing - Creative Studio
- New York, NY
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square is looking for an experienced and passionate Marketing Designer to join our award-winning creative team. This team creates marketing assets to educate and sell the benefits of Square’s ecosystem of products to its sellers. You will collaborate with multiple product and creative teams at Square, including PMs, PMMs, art directors, copywriters and engineers to create smart, effective email marketing that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing. You will be involved in work across visual design, illustration, motion/animation, design systems and creative storytelling.
We’re looking for a designer who is passionate about content marketing and strategic in their approach to conceiving and executing email marketing campaigns. You are conceptual, motivated, kind, can share and sell your ideas and encourage others to share theirs. You sweat the small details, understand what it takes to execute on great creative work, thrive in cross-discipline collaboration and have a passion for new tools, trends and design processes.
- Create email campaigns that effectively market Square’s products and features while maintaining our high-bar for quality design
- Translate marketing briefs into powerful and purposeful creative concepts
- Design graphic concepts, assets, and visual treatments
- Use performance data to inspire creative concepts and collaborate with peers to test and validate
- Foster partnerships with program management and a cross-discipline team of designers, engineers, writers, analysts, channel ops managers, data scientists and product marketers
- Champion brand standards and design systems
- Motivate and encourage the team to ensure the work is the best it can be, maintaining a high level of creative execution while meeting the needs of our partners
- Share new design trends in illustration, motion graphics and email marketing
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- A portfolio that highlights relevant experience
- Advanced design and production skills ranging from illustration to motion graphics
- Understand growth retention marketing strategies
- Familiarity with Figma, Adobe CC, After Effects or similar tools
- An understanding the possibilities and limitations of responsive email design with accessibility as a major objective
- Ability to work independently, and partner with copywriters, designers, engineers, program managers and product marketers
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, visual)
- A positive attitude with an open mindset
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio along with the name of your favorite newsletter or emails you love (tell us why they’re a must-read).
Learn more about Design at Square.