Software Engineer, Order Analytics
- San Francisco, CA
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start and run their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.help shape tomorrow at Square.
Order Analytics provides sellers with complete and accurate reporting, accounting, and insights through data analytics and visualizations. We build everything needed to provide fast, flexible and engaging reporting experiences across POS for iOS/Android and Dashboard for web. We also provide sellers with Order Manager on Dashboard for web allowing sellers to prepare and complete their Orders online.
As a software engineer on the Order Analytics team, you will develop an available reporting platform at scale that provides complete, accurate and fast reporting and accounting for sellers with hundreds of millions transactions every year. You will be involved in the technical details of building available services, while also shipping products and features end-to-end across our platform (Web, iOS and Android) to provide an engaging experience for millions of Square sellers around the world.
- Develop available reporting platform at scale
- Design high-volume, low-latency, distributed online processing systems, making thoughtful trade offs between consistency and availability when both are not possible
- Learn how to envision and build beautiful new products from end-to-end (both front-end and back end) across our platform (Web, iOS and Android) to provide an engaging experience for millions of Square sellers around the world
- Hold your teammates and yourself to a high standard of engineering working on products that move billions of dollars in payments and manage sensitive customer data
- Embrace quick build, measure and learning iterations to launch products and work with outstanding product managers and designers.
- A sense of customer empathy; understand number accuracy matters and the product direction
- Natural curiosity and desire to build products with engaging experiences that sellers depend on
- Curiosity in creating available, scalable, low-latency, global systems
- Desire to solve challenging problems
At Square, we want you to be well and excel. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Meal reimbursements
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
Learning and Development resources