Senior Digital Designer - Creative Studio
- New York, NY
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Square is looking for a Senior Digital Designer to join our Retail/Appointments marketing team.
You will work in a small and tight-knit squad (kind of like a small end-to-end design shop) that collaborates with the Retail and Appointments product teams, including PMs, PMMs, Product Designers and Engineers. Our squad exists to tell the best possible stories of our products and ecosystem, so that our sellers can empower their businesses to excel and grow.
You cover the gamut with design for web, mobile, prototypes, print, experiential, and you understand code and the modern web.
You have a refined aesthetic and design sensibility and find varying styles an opportunity to extend and grow your skills. You’re all in for leading a direction to translate a strategy into great product and brand experiences, while also working with a direction for production.
- Craft graphic elements, mood boards, and visual treatments
- Contribute to a team of designers, producers, product strategists, copywriters and engineers
- Produce brand and campaign standards, templates and style guides
- Create video and motion graphics style frames, exhibition graphics, interface design, visualization, presentation design, information graphics, branding and print graphics
- Potentially co-direct photo shoots and design physical installations
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Expert in Photoshop, Illustrator and Figma / (Sketch)
- Animation/motion graphics knowledge in software such as After Effects or Cinema 4D
- Familiar with prototyping tools such as Framer, Flinto or Origami
- Experience with multiple styles of design and illustration
- Typographic skills
- Can lead IA / wireframe / design processes
- Knowledge of best practices in usability and UX
- Understand the opportunities and limitations of the modern web
- Desire to work in a start-up environment, where iteration and learning is encouraged
- Lead with kindness, clear communication and a point of view
- Passion for retail or booking experiences
Learn more about Design at Square.