Software Engineer (Frontend)
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Alternate Location: Oakland, United States
- Position open to remote: No
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, and helping the ice cream shop pay its employees. And, with Square Capital, we have extended over $1 billion in funding to our sellers, helping them manage their cashflow and making it easy to invest in and grow their business. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. And make it easier for customers to shop and pay at their favorite businesses. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
We are looking to hire a motivated Frontend Engineer who enjoys the thrill of a successful AB test, as well as finds joy in building out shared components for our partner teams to use. We work closely with product, design and marketing to ensure we’re always taking a holistic approach to how best serve our merchants. As a small team we like to move quickly, and expect engineers to have a large impact on the road-map, product, and technology.
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, and product managers to design and build world-class product experiences.
- Own the entirety of your features; including component design, implementation, automated testing, and rollout.
- Define and develop modern APIs that integrate web and mobile app clients with server backends.
- Familiarity with popular JS-app frameworks (Ember, React, Vue.js, Angular, etc.).
- Interest in working full-stack, from developing frontend web applications to implementing business logic and optimizing database transactions.
- Experience in testing your code (QUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, Rspec, etc.).
- An understanding how the web works with experience developing applications and can make pragmatic engineering decisions.
- 4+ years of industry experience.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
Languages and technologies we use:
- Technologies: HTML, CSS, GraphQL
- Frameworks: Ember.js, Vue.js, React
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Perks At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes: Healthcare coverage, Retirement Plans, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Meal reimbursements, Wellness perks, Paid parental leave, Flexible time off, Learning and Development resources