Senior Digital Designer - Creative Studio
- San Francisco, CA
*For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio*
Square is looking for an experienced and passionate Art Director to join our award-winning creative team. You will collaborate with multiple partners across design, engineering, copywriting, production and product marketing to guide our business, brand and company mission forward.
This is a hands-on creative leadership role with tremendous opportunity to influence two of our fastest growing products, Developers and Partnerships. You will be at the heart of co-creating on-strategy ideas and bringing them to life. You’ll be asked to connect dots, organize thoughts and develop plans to match the teams’ expectations. You will lead projects from concept through execution, QA, and iteration. We work across the latest platforms, covering web and mobile experiences, visual design, experiential installations, photography, video, and animation.
You’re conceptual, strategic, can share and sell your ideas, and encourage others to share theirs. You sweat the smallest details, understand what it takes to develop great creative work, excel in cross-discipline collaboration, and have a passion for inspiring team members.
- Partner with our Sr. Writer to lead the internal creative process and promote accountability for creative delivery
- Translate brand strategy into powerful and purposeful creative concepts
- Oversee and help design graphic concepts, assets, and visual treatments across different media and marketing channels
- Use customer and industry data to inspire creative concepts and collaborate with strategists to validate
- Foster partnerships with program management and a cross-discipline team of designers, engineers, writers, product marketers, and strategists
- Champion brand standards and design systems
- Work with partners across Square to guarantee an integrated brand experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience pushing a brand forward with fresh, evolving, creative ideas
- An ability to define and build brands
- Understand performance-based marketing strategies
- Familiarity with new and traditional brand channels and media
- Understand the possibilities and limitations of web design with accessibility as a major objective
- Experience partnering with copywriters and teams of designers, engineers, program managers and product marketers
- Agency experience is desirable