Senior Software Quality Engineer, Quality Systems
- San Francisco, CA
Our hardware team builds the tangible connection to all that is Square. We started with a simple and elegant Reader that turns any phone or tablet into a mobile point of sale. Since then, we have expanded our hardware footprint to meet the needs of more sellers. Most recently, we introduced our first Android-based solutions: Square Register, the first fully integrated point of sale that enables people to start selling right out of the box, and Square Terminal, the all-in-one device for payments and receipts. You will ensure our sellers and their customers have a remarkable experience shaping our device software validation strategy for our Square hardware products.
- Determine when our product software is good enough for our sellers by using your knowledge of product architecture and evaluate product risk during each phase of development, deployment, and use.
- Own the definition and oversee the execution of overall validation strategy, both manual and automated, for the platform software that ships on our hardware devices.
- Work with multiple development teams and organizations to influence the software architecture and integration across the stack (e.g. applications, system, and firmware).
- Help build a resilient team by coaching engineers, cultivating engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise.
- 8+ years of verification, validation and/or software engineering experience.
- Developed validation strategy for a complex functional area or product.
- Experience working as a partner to development and product teams.
- Mentored other team members by providing technical guidance.
- Experience validating and shipping a successful consumer electronics device.
- A high degree of curiosity, with experience creating innovative techniques to discover hardware, firmware and software issues.
- Managed or partnered with contractors.
- Supported ongoing software releases across multiple products.