Global Infrastructure and Operations Lead, Customer Success
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
At Square we are focused on building an excellent Customer Success Team. The Infrastructure and Operations Leader will build and evolve Square’s Global Customer Operations to help ensure that each Advocate delivers the best customer experience possible in every interaction with our sellers. We are looking for an experienced professional who has a strong track record of success standardizing processes and building systems to promote customer experience toward improved efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Oversee and improve Square Global Customer Support Operations; inclusive of managing tools, infrastructure, and systems, improving processes, and capitalizing on other opportunities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Determine the standards for productivity, quality, and customer service level agreements. Lead projects end-to-end aimed at increasing quality and efficiency at the Advocate and organizational level
- Gather and summarize relevant data, suggesting improvements in tools and systems - subsequently delegating and overseeing project/program completion
- Develop metrics to measure the growth and performance of the team. Provide in-depth reporting and analysis to senior leaders at Square on a regular basis with a focus on the customer experience, quality, and workforce management
- Coordinate and manage the development and implementation of key support workflows (and underlying infrastructure) to ensure the team achieves high-quality results while accomplishing service level targets
- Manage third-party vendor programs, including KPIs, service performance, and relationship management
- 10+ years of experience in operations, management consulting, or customer service management at a senior level
- Experience building, leading, and scaling a customer success team, preferably globally
- Knowledge of data analytics, workforce management, and project management
- Very strong written communication and presentation skills (both building presentations and presenting to senior leadership)
- A keen vision for the future, setting the strategy for our global 3 to 5 year plan
- Strong strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to lay out and test clear hypotheses, and solve problems without well-defined direction.
- A passion for Square and ensuring an outstanding customer experience
Nice to have:
- PMP certified
- Experience managing P&L
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Meal reimbursements
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources