Senior Software Engineer (Backend), Customer Engagement
- San Francisco, CA
The Customer Engagement team’s mission is to help Square merchants grow their businesses by giving them the tools they need to know, support, engage, and acquire their customers. Our product suite includes CRM, loyalty and rewards, gifting, marketing, feedback and messaging. Square offers a seamless and simple solution that saves our merchants time and provide a delightful experience to engage and reward their customers.
As a senior engineer on the Customer Engagement team you will...
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and internal teams to understand user needs
- Use your passion for building great software to develop meaningful, delightful merchant and customer facing features that help our merchants connect with, engage and reward their customers
- Help provide the technical vision and direction for the team, including providing mentorship for fellow engineers on the team
- Write concise, well-organized code and sensible tests
- Be given opportunities to stretch yourself by collaborating with engineers and other stakeholders across different teams and leading broad initiatives
- 5+ years of experience developing production software
- 4+ years in Back End/ Application development in Java, Golang
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of CS fundamentals and code organization best practices
- A sense of customer empathy
- A Computer Science or other technical degree
Bonus points if...
- You have an interest in the business aspect of building a successful product
- You have experience integrating with external APIs and providing APIs for third parties
- You have built systems that make use of complex job queues and offline processing
Technologies we use at Square:
- Java, Golang, Ruby / Rails, Protocol Buffers
- Ember.js, ES6, Sass
- Android, iOS/Cocoa
- MySQL, Redis