Senior Software Engineer (Frontend), Web Point of Sale
- San Francisco, CA
While Square is best known for the Point of Sale applications that run on iOS, Android and Square-branded hardware devices, Square’s mission is that “everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy.” This includes merchants for whom it does not make sense to purchase a dedicated device to accept payments. Enter the Virtual Terminal product, owned by the Web Point of Sale team, which allows merchants to take payments through a web interface on the computers they already own and use to run their businesses.
To learn more about the Virtual Terminal product: https://squareup.com/us/en/payments/virtual-terminal
As a Senior Front-end Engineer on the team, you will...
- Add functionality to the Virtual Terminal product to serve and expand its user base in service of Square’s mission;
- Help improve the web onboarding experience for Square users, ensuring that new users are introduced to the most relevant products for their needs;
- Work with product managers, designers and fellow engineers to ensure that Square provides a comprehensive and cohesive web-based product to end-users.
- Excellent software engineering knowledge and the ability to provide technical mentor-ship and guidance.
- Work with designers, product managers, data scientists, marketing, and business development to achieve a great product.
- A sense of customer empathy and guide the product direction.
- Experience working in large front-end codebases.
- Familiarity with popular JS-app frameworks (Ember.js, React, Vue.js, or Angular).
- Experience testing your code (QUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, or Capybara).
- 5+ years professional experience.
Web technologies we use:
- Ember.js / QUnit
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Our global benefits package includes: healthcare coverage, retirement plans, Employee Stock Purchase Program, wellness perks, paid parental leave, flexible time off, and learning and development resources.