Senior Software Engineer - Investing, Cash App
- Portland, OR, USA
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 20 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
As a mobile-first financial solution, we’re building industry-changing tools to give our customers financial superpowers. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for creating and improving Cash App Invest product features and infrastructure. We recently launched fractional equities trading and are excited to grow the team!
- Participate in design, creation, and scaling of investing services.
- Learn about the mechanics and regulations of securities trading.
- Work within a team, with external teams, and autonomously.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Own features throughout their life cycle, from inception to supporting production.
- Prioritize quality code and testing.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- An open mind and desire to learn.
- Experience working across teams and disciplines.
- A pragmatic approach with a focus on delivery.
- Ability to excel in macro and micro elements of software design.
- Willingness to contribute to the growth of those around you.
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership on previous projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Kotlin
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Jaeger, Prometheus, SignalFx
- Hibernate, Vitess, Guice
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.