Product Designer, Web Point of Sale
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Alternate Location: Oakland, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
As a senior-level Product Designer at Square, you will drive the design vision and execution for our Web Point of Sale product—empowering office- and reception-based sellers to start, run, and grow their businesses from a desktop setting. Through in-depth user research, you will be a advocate for small- and medium-sized businesses such as medical offices, fitness studios, lawyers, and accountants. These businesses are currently underserved by Square, and you will help define the strategy and product definition to deliver an experience that is tailored to their unique challenges and needs. As a part of the broader Point of Sale team, you will contribute to the growth of our entire product ecosystem while contributing to the broader design community at Square.
- Around 5 years of professional design experience
- A portfolio of work on which you were the primary designer, with moderate guidance from design leadership
- The ability to articulate high-level team goals and connect your work to larger team or company initiative
- You actively plan, scope, and create work that contributes to a larger, long-term plan
- You effectively communicate your ideas and work to your direct team and other teams
- You think about how your work fits into Square's full ecosystem during all phases of the design process
- You propose and participate in usability and field research
Learn more about Design at Square.
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.