Europe Policy Lead
- Dublin, Ireland
As the Europe Policy Lead, you will develop and execute a strategy for engagement with lawmakers, government partners and third-party groups across Europe, with the UK, EU and individual member states. You will build relationships, track essential legislative and regulatory developments and ensure Square’s vision of economic empowerment is well represented at all levels of the government.
- Develop and execute strategies to engage proactively and re-actively with government officials and their staff, third-party groups and regulatory agencies on issues affecting Square
- Find creative ways to engage with government partners to provide messaging on issues of importance
- Maintain fluency on a variety of regulatory and policy issues including financial and payments regulation, trade, tax, AI/machine learning, crypto-currencies, intellectual property, and privacy
- Advocate for Square and our customers on important policy and political matters, and craft positions that will establish us as a thought leader and innovator
- Track and develop strategies around essential legislative and regulatory issues and determine the impact to Square, working with other public policy leads, legal counsel and partners across the business to prepare position papers, offer comments, etc.
- Guide processes to develop thoughtful, inclusive, and cohesive responses to incoming policy hurdles
- Manage external consultants and internal partners in pursuit of Square’s public policy goals
- 6+ years of experience in government relations, with a preference for experience in Europe and the financial services or technology sectors
- A love of technology and passion for Square's purpose
- An ability to explain complicated issues and policy positions to any audience
- Curiosity, creative thinking, and a sense of humor